Positive Messaging Hugs
Welcome to our Positive Messaging Hugs for Seniors program, a place to celebrate aging with virtual hugs to brighten your loved one’s life.
Do you have a parent or grandparent that doesn’t live near you? Would you like to show them how much you care without an in-person visit? Is it their birthday or a special holiday? Or do you want them to know you are thinking about them?
We know aging can be difficult. Physical and mental decline are a bummer and aches and pains may be daily occurrences. Many older adults get less valued in society. Too many of them experience stress, anxiety, and sometimes, depression.
Does your elderly loved on need a virtual hug?
It’s so difficult to stay positive when you’re facing a mark of aging when you’re in physical decline or mental decline; when you’ve lost your mobility and must use a walker; or when your arthritis hurts a great deal.
Our mission is to enhance quality of life for older adults with virtual hugs (i.e., messaging) and to encourage them to maintain a positive mindset about aging. Our vision is to reach millions of older adults with hugs to help them practice positive aging. Our program sends elderly loved ones regularly scheduled ‘thinking about you’ text and email messages which we call ‘hugs’.
These hugs are for everyone, but especially for people over 55 experiencing the challenges of aging. Family members can also send positive messaging/hugs to their loved ones.
Here are some Positive Messaging Hugs
• If we can imagine it, we can have it. Don’t buy into society’s perceptions of aging—opt out of aging. Anti-aging is for fools; positive aging is for champions.
• Learning to stay positive helps us maintain our self-worth as we face the challenges of aging. It helps us avoid negative thoughts and embrace life head-on.
• Physical and mental decline are inevitable, but YOUR decline is not.
• Positive thinking is a mental and emotional attitude that focuses on the bright side of life and expects positive results.
• Positive thinking means approaching life’s challenges with a positive outlook. It does not mean avoiding or ignoring the bad things; instead, it involves making the most of the potentially bad situations, trying to see the best in other people and viewing yourself and your abilities in a positive light.
• The Law of Attraction is the maxim: like attracts like. This means focusing on positive or negative thoughts will bring positive or negative experiencing into your life. So focus only on positive thoughts.
• We have 50,000 to 70,000 unconscious thoughts per day—make most of these thoughts positive thoughts.
• You need to feel good about yourself, no matter what your calendar age is or what mark of aging is challenging you.
• I am more than my physical body
If you want your loved one to receive Positive Messaging Hugs, contact United We Age.